Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Scibor Dwarf Lord

A couple of months ago, (maybe a year?), I dunno, I picked up a bunch of dwarf lords from Scibor Monstrous Miniatures. The shipping was slow, but Poland is pretty far from California. Anyhow, I finally got around to painting one of them. 
Baldur Dwarf Lord 28FM0017


As an experiment of sorts, I went nuts with the metallic paint. I was trying to do lots on NMM Gold and iron and steel and whatever, but really I don't have the chops for that yet. With that in mind I tried to paint this dude with all the metallic paint I had on hand. I mostly used Gehenna's Gold, with mixes of that and Runefang Steel for the highlights. Most of the gold shading was done with Reikland Fleshshade (see the hammer).
 


I wish my last cloak turned out this good.
The other golds were more experimental, I actually watered down Golden Griffon, which is designed for drybrushing, but it's actually a pretty cool color. This was used on the shoulder pad decorations, it's alright.
Time for a bowl!


 Well that about covers it for now. Upcoming posts will be WIP (brood lord) and showing off this epic Boar that I picked up while on holiday.

DMGWLFP




Yeah he's got a pipe 

No comments:

Post a Comment