Saturday, March 21, 2020

Metro Entertainment Marine (and a troll)

The local shop gave me a couple Space Marines! As a thank you, I painted the "Metro Entertainment Space Marine". I also finished a big troll from BONES IV...

The Subjects

I tried to copy the text style of the store logo for the "M E" that I put on his left shoulder (obviously for Metro Entertainment). I've deemed it "not terrible", photo 2 below shows the result.

Metro Entertainment Marine

The M E is clearly visible

Dakka-dakka

Some light NMM

Prepare to die

The troll was pretty fun, but I'm glad to see him done. It's a pretty big miniature and I'm pleased with how it came out, but I'm not in a hurry to do another big project.

Scary troll

I went nuts with the deep shadows

Here again the deep shadows
The troll was one of my first good attempts at putting color in the shadows. I used quite a bit of magenta other colors, and followed with a final oil wash. I also worked to have maximum darkness in the shadow regions. Overall I'm quite pleased with the results. He's a gift for the DnD gang at the shop.

Keep Painting,
HMP









No comments:

Post a Comment