Saturday, February 12, 2022

Very Old Marine

Oil and metallic paint have arrived! 

The progress is getting harder to see without a side by side, but it's coming along. Adding the first bit of the oils was nice, the chair was so flat and bright it was starting to mess with how I was perceiving the figure. I think next I'll also have to at least block the gem colors. I want them to jump off the figure and make the old red of the armor seem even more dated. The metallic is pretty subtle right now with a deep bronze over a dark brown base, it looks old. The blue porcelain isn't working, it will have to go more into the gray.


And the back, with some more generic random filth. I hope to push some more oil and continue to build the metallic parts this week. They don't have anything in common so is should be easy to work on both at the same time. I'm not so looking forward to painting all those gems on the back.

Cheers,
HMP

No comments:

Post a Comment