Monday, April 1, 2019

Chaos Cultists WIP

Here at HMP I'm not trying to sell anything, so that means that I can share everything, the good and the bad. Like the title says this blog is "Miniature Painting for Mortals", here is a prime example ot the type of work that mere mortals can achieve. I had to take a break from the swampy marsh, so I thought I'd have a go at one of my cultists (link). Previously I had mentioned how I was hoping to go for a "sand people" look. At the same time, I thought the skin should look a little sickly. Here's what happened.

Chaos Cultist

I like the gun

At the higher zoom, thing's look a bit dodgy
Work required, the skin is a bit too purple, and I went a little overboard on the copper patina on the fan.


Slightly out of focus... probably helps

So there you have it. Some parts are coming along, others need more work. Overall I think it's pretty cool, but maybe not exactly what I had envisioned. I like the heavy use of copper, as I think that cultists are supposed to be pretty rough around the edges.



No comments:

Post a Comment