Saturday, July 27, 2019

Ork Flesh

I thought I had a good handle on green, but it's turning out to he tougher than I expected. Not as hard as yellow, but tricky none the less (more on yellow later). Below is the line of paints, minus the highlight which is a mix of Ushabti Bone and the lightest green (very conventional).
Waagh Flesh, Loren Forest Green, Warboss Green, Skarsnik Green

 Ork 1 used Loren Forest over the base of Waaagh Flesh while Ork 2 went straight to Warboss Green. Both were then washed with Camoshade and then layered up the other greens (I lost track of the order and blending, so a "guide", this is not). Then the red accents were put in with Carroburg Crimson. Results are not too bad.
Boyz with Shootas

Boyz with Shootas

Ork 3 (seen below by ork 1 and 2) is a hybrid, where I tried to retain more green in the facial features. I think I need to push it brighter, for more contrast, then come back in with a green glaze to tint it more green.
3 Boyz with Shootas

It's all still work in progress, but they're staring to come together. So far I really like them. Once these three are fully finished I'm going to try something a little different on the next one. Mostly with the pale flesh around the ears and mouth, I might try putting it in earlier, then adding green. I'm also going to try the green glaze... hopefully they don't come out looking like grots or snotlings.

DMGWLFP



No comments:

Post a Comment