Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Happy COVID Isolation, Week # Unknown

Who knew not working could be so fun?! Answer: every retired person, ever.

So, here's the Gold Guy.


No, not that gold guy...

I'm pretty pleased with how he looks, so I think I'm about done. I was going to do skin and all the fiddly bits, but I'm kinda over it.

After the Azo Yellow Ink
The thing that really took it to the next level was the final ink wash. The overall color was pretty de-saturated and brown, with harsh white highlights and I wasn't loving it. In fact I probably dicked around far too much trying to "fix" the color but really I was already there and didn't know it. Using the Liquitex Yellow Orange Azo ink just changed everything.

More NMM than necesssary

The yellow ink restored vibrancy that was lacking. Then I went in an re-established the white. Then the grass came, which mean's he's finished, to heck with the rest of the details.

The crappy camera is probably helping
I do especially like the reflection I put in the sword, it's the first time I've tried that kind of thing. Overall I'm pretty pleased.


Stay safe and listen to medical experts,
HMP


No comments:

Post a Comment