Sunday, August 23, 2020

Skin Tones for Beastmen, Revisited

I have an unpainted Choas Blood Bowl team, which I'll get to eventually, but before I start I'd like to have a plan. With that in mind I painted one of my mini-taurs, again...


The pallet was very limited with black, white, Doombull Brown, and Rhinox Hide. The Doombull is very red, and it comes out really pink when you start adding white. I believe that with some blues and greens on the pallet one could make great human flesh tones (to be investigated due course). With what I had out he just ended up looking like a pig (pink).


 I didnt finish the piece, but it was a nice exercise. The leather, loincloth, horns and other bits were all Rhinox with different amounts of white. I ended up pulling out the blue to try and do some work on the sword, but got frustrated and called it a day. All in all it wasn't a total waste of time, but it certainly wasn't a win; I'm not convinced this is the color for my (or your) beastmen.

Cheers,
HMP

No comments:

Post a Comment