Sunday, August 2, 2020

Grot Walker Pt. 5

It sort of looks like something the cat dragged in, so maybe we should recap and see how we got into this mess


I watched way too many of Nightshift's youtube videos, and now "boys and girls", I use way too much Tamiya putty and there are flame cuts and weld lines everywhere.


The texturing looks good, just dont get too stupid with it. Same with the flame cuts.


The flame cuts are hard to see, but it does make a difference. I kinda buggered up the weld lines. They were done with 2 part epoxy (Army Painter green stuff), but really where I went wrong was not making them small enough, and I turned bolted panels into bolted and welded panels (oops).


The smoke stacks were super fat and ugly, and instead of drilling them out I chopped them off and then drilled out the heat shroud. The shroud is kinda stupid, it reads "occupational safety"... whatever. Anyhow the new stack tips are parts of a BICcpen held in with epoxy. I'm not sold on them, as the shroud is still too thick and I'd like it better if the holes were real... so I'll be looking to chop all that off in due course. 
The whole thing looks like a hot mess because no one part is complete, and I keep priming, adding puty and sanding, but all at the same time. 

The next big decision is what the primary weapon will be...
HMP

No comments:

Post a Comment