Sunday, August 8, 2021

Inspiration fail

Inspiration is important, here's why.

 

See, it doesn't matter how far into a project you are.

If you're not stoked, you're toast.

Take Mr. Giant here for example. I've been grinding away, shading skin, getting the shadow just the way I want it, but I kinda ran out of steam. 

Why? I don't know. I mean it was going well (I thought) but it's not what I want to be working on, so I shelved it, for now at least. It's good to follow your inspiration, it's a hobby you do to make yourself happy, and it's art, so if there's no inspiration...

The work will suffer and so will you. 

But carving up old Ilkhan to make him float, that was bliss.

I sculped more bricks onto the base and cut down the final piece of his base and then fixed it with green epoxy and a pin.  

He's a super dynamic figure and I feel like having him a bit more elevated is pretty dope. It took a lot of sawing, but that what hacksaws are for. 
 
Cheers,
HMP

No comments:

Post a Comment