Sunday, July 18, 2021

Yuan-ti (Snake People)

So did some messing around with the oils yesterday... It wasn't terrible. 

I could probably do better with more planning, and better sculpts. 

Truth be told what I really need is more practice. I don't have the same feel for the texture of the paint and how it will behave. So sometime it's too thick, and other times it's too thin. 

Also, I don't really know which ones are opaque and which are semi/transparent, so sometimes I over over/under thin. The yellow has good punch, and it's fun to blend with such ease.  Also I was able to still use an oil pin wash for the cracks in the scales. Neat.

And then today I painted a Wizard. 

He's supposed to have a dragon or something on his shoulder, but since it's a BONES it's head looks more like duck.

Meh,
HMP

No comments:

Post a Comment