Sunday, February 9, 2020

Skaven Doom Flayer (Guest Artist)

This is a special "issue" of HMP, because we're featuring another artists work (my brother), I think it's happened before, but I'm not sure. Anyhow, two (?) years ago I saw a Skaven Doom Flayer at my local shop and and I knew that my brother needed to have it (he's got a Blood Bowl team of Skaven so I thought that maybe this could be a special weapon). Instead of just going home and ordering it direct to his house I bought it and shipped it myself (support your local store).

Just last week we were having a chat on Skype and he sent this over, and I was all -> 😲. 

Skaven Doomwheel (Bringer of death)
It's dope as F$%K.

The use of dirt and grass all over the wheel really gives the feeling that this thing has been rolling. The little hint of blood here and there adds a psycho mood, suggesting it has mowed through all kinds of enemy / innocents (I'm not sure Skaven give a shit, they're essentially fantasy honey badgers). The figures also have great details, from the pink of their flesh, to glowing eyes they look totally awesome.

Unfortunately that's the only picture he sent so I can't show off more of his mad skills.

I have a big project on the go; I'll update as soon as phase one is done... 
HMP




No comments:

Post a Comment