Thursday, February 23, 2017

Slaughterpriest (Hackblade and Wrath-hammer)

     So GW re-released White Dwarf a little while back, and as a way to entice people to pick up the issue it included an epic mini. You can still get the Slaughterpriest on the GW site, so if you failed to get him for free with your White Dwarf be sure to get on it.

Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrath-hammer. KILL! KILL! KILL!
     Anyhow, I wanted mine to look pretty evil, and I figured that the last thing he needed was a good Florida tan (how the GW guys paint him). For his flesh I used Reapers #09275 "Vampiric Skin" (which I got in my Halloween loot bag), and sure enough, he looked pretty ill. Then I figured with skin that pale he for sure needed to be bluish in the shaded areas, with purple bulging veins. I went bonkers with the metallic paint and then washing and glazing over it with different colors, in the end I was pretty stoked with how he turned out. I tried to do my first tattoo, a chaos star, but it came out looking kinda shoddy, but really he doesn't look like the kind of fella who sits still very well (he probably ate the tattoo artist and finished the thing himself...with a fork). I'm very proud of him, he may be my best work yet.


He looks like he eats babies

Kept things looking dirty (hell ain't clean)

The random "rocks" on the base were bits of wine bottle cork, and then I used liquid green stuff for the mud.

DMGWLFP...




No comments:

Post a Comment