Saturday, February 11, 2017

Space Hulk Blood Angels Painting Guide (Pt. 1)

     Everyone does a how to guide, so I'll play along. I like to start by blocking out all my major parts with some color before moving forward, I think it helps define how the mini is going to turn out in the end. For these guys I'm using a dark and sinister scheme that my teacher came up with.
     The base is Khorne red (that's a secret), so cover all the armor plate with that, then go ahead and do all the little bits. The things that will be gold are blocked out in yellow Averland Sunset, skulls are white, chains and joints are black etc.. And that's it. Anything that you don't know what to do, you should just paint that white too, other colors go down better on white than on black, so you're just doing yourself a favor for later (P.S. I prime in gray, that way you can always start with a wash to help see your detail, GW likes to prime in black because it makes you use more paint, and, if you have a 1000pt army to paint it helps speed painting).
Brother Goriel
     Also, I don't usually disassemble and paint parts separately, but the OCD was strong last night and I had to get the back of every part.

DMGWLFP...

No comments:

Post a Comment