Saturday, May 19, 2018

The Base of Basing

Soooo. Working on some basing. I trying out using plaster of Paris and Al foil, so far the tests are promising.
I started by crumpling some foil and flattening it out then pushing it into a dish.  The harder you crumple it at first the more texture in the end.
My first attempt was the size of a normal base. It looks tall, but you want to leave excess that you can cut/sand off later.
The second was a little more ambitious, but it wasn't deep enough and cracked while trying to remove the mold. I'm planning on just pouring more on top. 
For the third mold I crinkled the foil a lot more. We'll see how it comes out.
Straight out of the molds.  It is very easy to sand and shape with a hobby knife. 

I'm not actually sure how i feel about the results, but I'm going to keep pressing forward.
Figure only to illustrate point...

No comments:

Post a Comment