Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Scibor Dwarf, WIP

Sometimes in order to move forward you have to look to the past. Here's what I mean. I painted my first Scibor Dwarf a while ago, and since I want them, (all the Dwarfs), to look like a group, it's important to examine the old while considering the new.


Scibor Dwarfs; past (left) and present (right)


I knew I was going to keep the metallic gold, and I knew that the cloak colors should be vibrant. I also knew that the armor should be deep blacks, and mottled up all the way to bright steel. One of the things I wanted to change was how the gold is offset from the "enamel". Here the enamel is a strong blue, which matches the tone of the cloak, I got this wrong the first time. The brown enamel doesn't show off the gold enough, in fact it just looks like gold.


Scibor Dwarfs

He's only shorter because he needs a base.

Mixed non/metallic metal on cloak

The furs look very similar.

I dont know how I got the furs to match so well; I didnt take notes the first time.

Fur recipe (current): Rhinox Hide, Mournfang Brown, Tallarn Sand (maybe Zandri Dust), White Scar (mixed with the final tan-sand). That's the list of required paint. Method: base with Rhinox, layer with Mournfang, drybrush the final highlights.


Cheers,
HMP


No comments:

Post a Comment