Sunday, June 20, 2021

Der Grot

The Grot assault squad is coming along. To see more click below.
The base colors were more or less slapped on while trying to keep the paint inside the lines. I should point out that the base coat was a red brown. All the metal bits got painted black and then silver, but in a crappy kind of way, leaving lots of black showing. This, it turned out, was unwise as I left too much black in the cracks and the only way to fix that is rust effects. So instead of making less work, I made more.
It was also around this time that I thought I should reunite the war band and see how they would look. I liked bringing them back together so much that I decided to batch blast these final figures out. I was going to us all the tricks to go for speed. Only painting top sides, focus on a single point of view, oil washes, focus on the faces, and limit extra details to one per figure. The idea is that it would only take 2 good sessions and the collective look would be cohesive. After all most people will focus on the 2 large figures, which were painted really quite well. 
 
And another. Maybe the order of these shots is backwards. The flesh tones were done with Waaagh Flesh and highlighted with Averland Sunset (this is my basic approach to all Greenskins).

I still need to do the rust, final touch-ups, and then finish up the bases, all before the boss gets back on Wed.

That's all for now,
HMP

No comments:

Post a Comment