Thursday, August 29, 2019

Ragnaros Evil Warrior

  Here it is at last, Ragnaros the Evil Warrior, in all his glory. This piece took a bit longer that I would have liked, but in the end I'm super happy with how it came out. The sword looks great, (according to me). With a red reflection on the inside and a blue tint on the outer side, it really adds to the model. With it being such a big part, I really wanted to invest the time to make it look decent. Because the flash really hits the metallic paint it's hard to photograph, but in the off angles it is obvious in the pictures.


Ragnaros Evil Warrior
  I didn't manage to totally crush the OSL glare off the eyes, but I think the balance that I achieved isn't terrible.
Freehand Skull!
 Note the red tint in the darker portions of the blade in the above view. This really added to the feel of the sword.

A little surprise when you turn it around
 I really didn't want to distract from the front of the model, especially since I went for the glowing eyes, but I thought it might be fun to add some extra effort tot the back. In the end I think it turned out pretty good. From the front angles you can tell that there's something back there, but it's not distracting.

Metallic paint + flash = fail


Get the angle right (That's what she said...)

The shield, spinal cord, helm, femur, all reaper parts





 All right, we're done here. Remember, don't miss good while looking for perfect (DMGWLFP).

HMP


2 comments:

  1. This is amazing work. I have a primed Ragnaros Bones that's looking for attention, I may try to emulate yours. Really, really impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super awkward, but im only just seeing this to day... 3 months later. Anthow, I hope you've had a go at your model by now, and I'm glad you enjoyed this figuure. I really pushed myself to do the skull on the shield, my first really big freehand. Very nerve racking at the time. Drop a note back if you find this message. Applogies for the slow reply.

    ReplyDelete