Tuesday, July 6, 2021

More Grimdark Knights

OK, so things got a little out of hand over the holiday weekend, and I painted all the Knights I had, or at least all the Knights I could find. Enter Grimdark medieval style!
 I think I killed it! (EDITOR: Bold statement you pompous arse...) I spent about an hour on each and I couldn't be happier with the results.

I hope to get them on decent bases and really make them one with the ground.

I used oils and heavy body acrylics. I tried to keep things sketchy, and I dig the outcome. The heavy stippling adds a lot of texture to not only the fabric but also the armor. 

I did some good work to make the weapons not suck, but otherwise it was a slap job with no mold removal or any of that good stuff.

They read especially well at "gaming" viewing distances, and they still look kinda dope at the shorter distances. Gritty.

Cheers,
HMP

No comments:

Post a Comment