Thursday, January 3, 2019

Black Paint Comparison Citadel vs MSP-HD

The executive summary is as follows; Not all blacks are created equal!

I discovered this essentially by accident! I was low on black paint and while placing an order with Reaper Miniatures I added some paint to my basket, to be specific, Solid Black 29843. This specific paint is part of Reapers "Master Series Paint HD" (MSP-HD) line. I didn't realize this at the time, and I don't know how the HD differ from their other paints (on the bottle it says High Density Pigment). I have several of MSPs now and I like them all, I also have one of the "BONES" formula, but I'm not sure how it differs since I haven't used it yet.
Anyhow, wile blocking the Broodlord I switched blacks, and it was immediately obvious. 
Citadel Abaddon Black vs MSP-HD Solid Black

Since a picture is worth a thousand words see above, it's not the lighting, the MSP-HD Solid Black is super flat. I'll add more data as I get it.

DMGWLFP

No comments:

Post a Comment