Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Gorkamorka Boyz, Salmon Pink

How long does it take to go from primer to color blocked? Well, that depends how many fiddly bits are on the mini. For a simple Ork, like the one shown below, I managed to block every color in about 1 hour. This was 3 coats for the lighter tones (shirt/pants) and I also managed 2 of 3 layers of green over the flesh base (Dryad Bark).

Also, it turns out that if you base with Jokaero Orange, and then mix White Scar with that to form a highlight, and then use the above colors to paint an Ork T-shirt, it looks stupid. Note for future use, (when painting minis that are retired people who live in Florida), this is an awesome paint recipe for Salmon Pink, especially if you very lightly wash with Reikland Fleshshade!

If I were going to battle, as an Ork, and Mr. Salmon Pink were in front of me, I'd put two bullets in the back of his head and consider the gene pool improved....

I haven't ruled out trying to paint pineapples on it, for the new "Hawaiian Boyz". LOL.

HMP

No comments:

Post a Comment