Thursday, August 8, 2019

Ragnaros, Evil Warrior, Pt. 2

Ragnaros, dude, that's a big flat shield...

Free handing is hard, or at least I thought it was. The other day I figured that I was getting pretty good at coloring inside the lines, and although I can't draw, I reckoned that if I could, I'd be able to "color" whatever it was that I drew. So with drawing being the problem, I set about looking at pictures of skulls, studying their proportions, and then translating each part into a simple geometric shape. With the help of the internet and the phone equivalent of MS Paint, I wad able to work up some sketches for Ragnaros' shield (dont laugh, I told you I can't draw, and all photo credit goes to the bloke who posted his picture for me to rip).

An Orc could do better

Below is a more, ahem, refined version.

I think this starts to hint at what I envisioned

This somewhat cold analytical approach seemed like the easiest method for a nerd like me, and indeed it was. If it came from rigorous practice, or was a moment of pure idiot savant, we'll never know, but I arrived at this.

Ragnaros Skull Shield!
 All right, my work here is done. Just got to finish the sword, head, base, horns...

Cheers,
HMP




No comments:

Post a Comment