Thursday, August 22, 2019

Six Eyes or Four Eyes

I figured I didnt look like a big enough dork in my natural state, so I bought a head magnifier! Right!

I picked it up on Amazon, the reviews weren't stellar, but it was cheap, has glass optics (not plastic), and came with 4 levels of magnification. The multi level magnification is what sold me on it, because I didn't know what I wanted, so the cheap option seemed to be the way to go. (The nice magnifies are about 4 times the price, and they dont come with multiple lenses.) Anyhow, I'm not going to go into great detail on the build quality, it's made in China...


Note build quality

Magnification and focal length 1.5x @ 20", 2x @ 10", 2.5x @ 8", 3.5x @ 4"

Build quality

Stickers to make anything cooler 

What the minis see

I tried all the lenses and it turns out the 2.5x is pretty nice. The focal length is then 8 inches which is a comfortable working distance and is the same view that I get when I take my glasses off, (I'm nearsighted as f#$%), but since I have my glasses on I can see my pallet without moving. Basically they're like upside down bifocals. What's even more cool, is if I let my glasses slide down my nose, my nearsightedness drops the focal length of the 2.5x to 4 inches (it's like zooming in)!

Bifocals! LOL



HMP













No comments:

Post a Comment