Saturday, May 22, 2021

Wyvern from Reaper

I the last post I was having trouble recalling the name, it's a Wyvern.

It was supposed to be a fast paint, and it was. I started by painting it black, because it's really hard to prime Reaper's Bones any other way, you can't see white on them.  Then I did the quick drybrush, and realized that it still had mold lines... No shits were given and after dry brushing with white I decided that this Wyvern would be orange and red.

Doombull brown as a base on the scales with Ushabti Bone for the wings. Then I used a flesh tone to start adding to the wings, and I layered up some oranges, Troll Slayer and Fire Dragon Bright.

To try and draw attention to the head I painted the tongue an opposite color, if the model was better I would have gone crazy on the face, but it's not and the detail is soft.  To finish I used oil washes on the wings and body, then used a Q-tip to remove the excess.


It's definitely ready to kill players in DnD, but the poor sculpt, (there's no good viewing angle), and low detail made me call this job done. I'll add some dirt to the base the next time I'm basing something.

Cheers, 
HMP

No comments:

Post a Comment