Saturday, July 4, 2020

Captured Scout Pt. 2

Today I began some work on the scout.  I started with the usual, trimming, mold line removal, and test fitting of parts. 


Overall I'm pretty impressed with the fit of most parts. The legs were somewhat annoying to pose, and that probably took the majority of the time. The reason for the challenge is that they are molded such that certain angles can be easily locked in, (to increase structural rigidity), but at the cost of easy adjustability. 


The grot is perfect in height, but modifying the arms to fit the hands will be a challenge. I haven't decided if I should chop everything apart and then put it all together, or hack down the scout arms into sticks and sculpt the muscles back up.


The other obvious challenge is the stepwise paint and assembly that will be required; the cockpit interior will have to be painted before assembly...

Stay tuned,
HMP


No comments:

Post a Comment