Friday, November 22, 2019

Power Weapons Contd.

My spouse saw my lightening attempt and couldn't identify what it was, not a big deal, after all, what does she know about power weapons? My brother saw my lightening attempt and was unimpressed; THAT'S a problem. He's usually pretty supportive, so his opinion actually matters (unlike the spouses).

Focus on the lightening



So, 2 hours later, the face of the hammer looks better. With any freehand, it's really about going back and forth, refining a design. My brush is starting to tank so my line thickness was too big, the solution was to exploit the voids where brush size doesn't matter and thin out the lines by expanding the dark side. Now it looks more like your organs should explode if you get hit with it.

Getting there

I also started to make the bolts glow so that it looks like the power is barely contained within the head, but right now it just looks like copper oxidation. Mother F.

I also started working on the NMM for the chains that wrap his body. Going for iron/steel or whatever. I want it to project less glitz and gold, and more strength and darkness. Plus the shield is already so busy, the last thing this figure needs is more parts to draw the eye.

Stay tuned, I'll keep trying.
HMP











No comments:

Post a Comment